Customer experience is at the heart of brand success today for any business. According to research from American Express, 70% of consumers have spent more money with a business that delivers great service. A positive customer experience means that consumers are more likely to return – and also to recommend your company to their friends and family. So, improving the experience that you provide to customers is crucial and integrating payment solution into your ePOS is a very simple way to do it.
Options to choose from
If you’re looking to integrate payment solutions into your ePOS there are two main options to choose from:
- Counter payments. This form of integrated payment solutions is ideal for any business where customers come to you to pay. So, that could be a sandwich bar or café serving only take out food, for example. Counter payments can help to keep queues down and are especially useful during peak times.
- Table payments. If your business is built around seated dining then a table payment solution is going to help improve the efficiency of the service that you provide and enable you to turn over tables more quickly.
A range of different ways to pay
Integrating payment solutions into your ePOS can provide customers with greater choice that accommodates their idea of convenience – which is always going to have a positive impact on customer experience. From contactless and Apple Pay to chip and PIN and mobile payments these integrated solutions allow your business to cater to a wide range of customer preferences.
The benefits of integrating payment solutions into your ePOS
- Improve staff performance and the service delivered to customers. Providing your staff with technology that makes taking payments easier will enable them to be more efficient throughout the customer service process. Transactions can be processed faster and tech, such as mobile card machines, enable bills to be reconciled and paid quickly. The shorter the time in which customers have to wait to pay, the happier they will be.
- Increase productivity and profits. Integrated payment solutions will increase accuracy and minimise the kinds of mistakes that can be costly for your business. Miskeyed transactions, for example, may result in the need to discount for customers and this can affect revenue. With efficient technology supporting all your payment needs your staff will be much more effective and this feeds in to productivity and profit in a big way.
- Upgrading the overall customer experience. From the speed and accuracy of the order taking process, to the swiftness with which your business can process transactions, integrating payment solutions will enable you to give your customer service a serious boost. You’ll be able to reduce queues and waiting times so that customers always feel like their needs are being taken care of and that they – and their time - are valued.
There are a range of different ways to integrate payment solutions to help improve the experience that your business provides to customers – contact us to find out more.